Taissa Farmiga Declares The Nun One of Her Favorite Career Experiences

Sister Irene actor Taissa Farmiga reveals one of her favorite career experiences was starring in The Conjuring Universe film The Nun.


The Nun II star Taissa Farmiga recently revealed that she considers starring in the first Nun film to be one of the highlights of her career.


The actor, who plays Sister Irene in The Nun and The Nun II, recently appeared on the Happy Sad Confused podcast to discuss the latest Conjuring Universe installment, The Nun II. During the discussion, Farmiga disclosed why she calls The Nun one of the best experiences in her career. "I love The Nun," the actor stated. "I mean, I loved that whole experience. I think it's one of the performances that when I first watched it, I was so genuinely happy with the work that I did, and I saw all my prep work and I saw all of it go into my performance. And I'm very hard on myself, I'm a perfectionist, it's not something that's easy for me to say. And it felt so good to see something come out the way, you know, close to what you would imagine."


She continued, "I'll also say at that time period for like two and a half years so, between from the start of filming that to her when it premiered, I was dealing with health issues for that time, and so yes, when this movie was coming out I found out I had a parasite in my blood. I was feeling so emotionally so drained, I have didn't anything left to give physically, I was so weak and tired. But it was around the time that the premiere was there, and I was just so so happy, so it was funny to think I was so excited for this thing. [...] I was so in like into personal stuff that you forget that the world's still going and even though I was working through it. I don't know, The Nun was one of my most favorite experiences I ever, from filming to doing press."


Sister Irene Returns in The Nun II

Starring alongside Farmiga in The Nun II are Jonas Bloquet as Maurice Theriault, Storm Reid as Debra, Anna Popplewell as Kate and Bonnie Aarons as the titular Nun, Valak. Michael Chaves directed the horror sequel, which follows Sister Irene as she re-encounters Valak four years after the first film's ending at a boarding school in France. The Nun II topped the box office in its opening weekend, debuting to $32.6 million. While that is less than the $53.8 million The Nun opened with, it is still the best opening in The Conjuring Universe since 2018.


What's Next for The Conjuring Universe?

Following The Nun II, there will be at least two more entries in the supernatural horror franchise. Warner Bros. has already announced a fourth Conjuring film -- subtitled Last Rites -- with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga returning as real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. The Conjuring Universe is also set to expand into television, with an untitled television series currently in development for the Max streaming service.


The Nun II is currently playing in theaters.

Popular posts from this blog

Sofía Vergara Is the Cocaine Godmother in First Griselda Photos

Rami Malek’s 20th Century Thriller ‘Amateur’ Among First Studio Shoots To Get Rolling In UK After Strikes

Every Underworld Movie, Ranked by Rotten Tomatoes