Creature Commandos: James Gunn Is Confident the DCU Series Will Defy Fans' Expectations

James Gunn confirms Creature Commandos is unaffected by the strikes in Hollywood, noting that he thinks the series will really surprise audiences.


Creature Commandos writer and DC Studios co-CEO James Gunn offers fans an update on the upcoming DC Universe series.


Writing on his personal Instagram, based on a screenshot posted to Reddit, Gunn explained that production of the show has not been impacted by the ongoing Writers Guild of America and The Screen Actors Guild and American Federation of Television and Radio Artists strikes. "It's animated so it's separate from the strike. We're working on it," the filmmaker wrote. "I love it. I think it's going to be so different than what people expect." At the time of writing, details on Creature Commandos are still scarce but the cast has been locked in.


The rag-tag group of classic monsters-turned-soldiers will sport the vocal talents of Frank Grillo (Rick Flag Snr.), David Harbour (Eric Frankenstein), Maria Bakalova (Princess Ilana Rostovic), Indira Varma (The Bride), Zoë Chao (Nina Mazursky), Alan Tudyk (Doctor Phosphorous) and Sean Gunn (Weasel and G.I. Robot). Speaking about his involvement in the show, Harbour confessed his excitement at the idea of playing Frankenstein in a world created by Gunn. "I mean, not only do I get to play in the DC Universe, I get to play in the James Gunn DC Universe, which is a whole new exciting thing," Harbour said. "I didn't know what it was when it was sent to me; I met with James, and he sort of laid out a lot of stuff. It's really exciting. He considers it some of the best stuff he's ever written. It's hilarious, and the character is great."


Sticking Around for the DCU


Beyond voicing Eric Frankenstein, Harbour is confirmed to be playing the character in live-action if there's ever an instance where the Creature Commando appears elsewhere; Gunn has confirmed this to be the case with every voice actor involved in the show. Harbour has also admitted that he's open to playing the role for an extended period of time. "I feel like it's this new world where they don't lock you in anymore. I feel like Marvel learned that lesson as well. If you don't want to do it, I don't think they're gonna make you do 20 movies," the actor explained. "But I think it's something where I just love these worlds so much that it's a joy to do and a joy to work with someone so creative. So, if they want me to do eight to 10 years of this, I feel like I'll check my schedule, but I'll try to free up some time."


Creature Commandos does not yet have a release date.

Popular posts from this blog

Sofía Vergara Is the Cocaine Godmother in First Griselda Photos

In ‘The Disappearance of Shere Hite,’ a canceled sex researcher is reclaimed

Every Underworld Movie, Ranked by Rotten Tomatoes